Sunday, March 23, 2008

Old Friends

This past weekend I was lucky enough to have dinner with my old friends, the Lows and the Hills. Janae, Steve and their precious little girl, Madeline, were in town for a little R & R at the Wigwam. Tiff lives here but she's been busy being a mom and doing a little thing called law school on the side. So, it was great to see her, Troy, and the adorable Miss Audrey at dinner.I can't believe it's been over five years since I left BYU and started a life outside a two mile radius of these girls. Janae and I go way back to the summer of '99 when we lived in S-Hall of Deseret Towers. We were crazy freshmen (about as crazy as freshmen girls are at BYU). Janae & April lived about four doors down the hall from me. Janae would periodically dress up like Britney Spears and sing "...Baby One More Time" down the hall. This was much more entertaining than the English 115 papers we were supposed to be writing. That was a fun summer.

After our two week summer break, we were back at school but in a different locale, Helaman Halls. It was quite an improvement from DT. Janae even convinced me, not that it took much convincing, to move out of Stover into David John. I got my own bathroom and April & Janae became my immediate neighbors. It was a win/win deal for me. Once I moved to David John, Tiffany was all the way down at the other end of the floor. I knew she was from Arizona but that was about it. I didn't really know Tiff until one Sunday afternoon when Tiffany, April, and myself found ourselves at McDonald's, where we weren't supposed to be. As far as Sunday's go, that day is one of my favorites. There are so many stories I would love to share from the year but I feel there is neither enough time nor space to do so adequately.

Anyone that knows me is aware I didn't love BYU, but I the friendships that were cultivated there have each had a significant impact on my life. I can't imagine what my life would be like without a single friend of mine from BYU (or UofU). So, Tiffany, Autumn, Stephanie, Janae and April, thanks. I love you girls.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have to give you a lot of credit - 4 years at BYU. I could only handle 1. You made the US Attys office so fun.

Tiffany said...

I love you too Sara! I couldn't have imagined by time there without you. I miss all the time we used to spend together eating cake! :) Thanks for sticking out the time out there, you would have been sorely missed by all of us.