Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Florida in December

I made a rather unexpected trip to Florida this month to visit my grandparents. My mother, father and brother, Andrew, came along and made it sort of a family trip. Paul started a new job so he was not able to make the trip. And Mathew had finals so he was unable to make the trip as well. Lucky for Andrew he celebrated his birthday while we were in Florida. My aunt and grandmother went all out for the happy occasion.One afternoon we headed to "Ding" Darling wildlife refuge on Sanibel Island. We had a pretty good time looking at all the animals. We only found one alligator. He looks like a log floating in the water...but it's not a log. He was watching all the birds. The mangrove trees provide homes for all types of animals. The red mangrove trees were the prettiest but I liked the picture of this grove:
Can you find the bird in this picture? I was so happy that I was able to see my grandparents during the holiday season. I wish I was able to visit with them more often. Hopefully, my next trip back won't be long delayed.

No comments: