Monday, January 7, 2008

There Will Be Blood

"There Will Be Blood" is perhaps my most favorite movie to come out of 2007. It exceeded all my expectations. I know Mathew will disagree with me but I think this is far and away the best picture of last year. I liked "No Country for Old Men", "Juno", and "The Hunting Party", but "There Will Be Blood" was excellent. I can only think of a few films in the last few years I have equally enjoyed. Daniel Day-Lewis is exceptional and gives one of the best performances I have seen in a long time. I'm hoping it receives at least a few Oscar nominations. The New York Times has a great review and lists the film as one of the year's best movies.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm excited to see it.

Unknown said...

Steph, you have to see it! It was so good.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.