Monday, December 31, 2007

Brooke & Rodney's Wedding

We closed out the year in the most fantastic way with Brooke & Rodney's wedding. Brooke has been one of my best friends since we nine years old. When I found out she was getting married I was so excited that I laughed, screamed, and cried for about twenty minutes. I was more than happy to be bridesmaid and help her with wedding plans.The weekend festivities kicked off Friday night at Laurie and Michael's house with dinner. Above are all the bridesmaids (minus Lauree). We were sitting on the couch singing Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'". Girls, you can ask Sarah for the video.

Saturday we had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at Aunt Childa's. I spent most of the day trying to get some last minute alterations to my dress. I foolishly didn't try it on after my original alterations. It all worked out in the end. Brooke, Sarah, Amanda, and I had one final slumber party at the hotel the night before the wedding. After opening a bottle of wine, Sarah was able to write her speech. I mostly obsessed about the pedicure and manicure from Hell that Brooke, Sarah and I sat through on Friday. I don't think Brooke's hives have gone away yet. It was a funny story for us anyway.

The next day, Sunday, was pretty crazy. The chaos started around 9:00 am with the hairstylist and rest of the bridal party showing up to our room. At least we had bagels, mimosas, and black coffee. The haze in the picture below is due to all the hairspray in the air. The wedding was so beautiful. And thankfully it was quick because it was cold outside! After the ceremony we headed inside to eat and dance. We all even made it through the hora without falling down! Good times.The look on Rodney's face cracks me up. Britton snapped this photo when they were being lifted up on the chairs for the hora. There are tons of pictures I would love to post but I won't. Below are some other pictures from our table and the rest of the night. Brooke you looked beautiful! Thank you for letting be a part of your special day. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the re-cap sara. you looked beautiful too! xoxo from amman