Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! This year Thanksgiving was rather quiet. Mathew and Andrew both came home for the long weekend. We kept our usual tradition of having Thanksgiving lunch at my grandmother's house in Northern Arizona. Paul spent the holiday with Rachelle's family so he did not eat turkey with us. I absolutely adore my bothers and love spending time with them whenever possible. No one can make me laugh like my bothers do. I appreciate all of their humor, it eases my Type A personality. Poor Scout Dog. With Mathew and Andrew both home he didn't know where to sleep and ended up being shut out of both Mathew and Andrew's rooms. He finally made his way to his bed in another part of the house. In the morning, I found him so dejected and depressed lying on his bed, like this: Imagine what the poor Scout is like when everyone leaves.

Friday morning I actually awoke, grabbed breakfast at Starbucks, and made it to Target by 6:15 am. I wasn't even shopping for anything. I just couldn't sleep and shopping is one of my favorite things to do. Eventually after some confusion as to where I was, my mom joined me for Black Friday shopping. I didn't find any fabulous deals but I did purchase gifts for almost everyone on my list. I don't think I have ever been done with my Christmas shopping prior to Christmas Eve. Now what?

We decorated the house Friday afternoon as well. I cajoled Mathew and Andrew into hanging Christmas lights. I definitely could not have done this alone. It took so much longer than I anticipated especially after Mathew and I hung the first lights and in the end they did not work (and we did test them before hanging)! I totally appreciate Mathew's help with the roof. I'm not a fan of heights, and I've worked in personal injury for way too long! Soon, decorating the house became a family affair. It was a really nice way to spend the holiday with the family.Mathew and Andrew both left today. It is way too quiet around here now. I miss the 2:00 am ruckus, the sibling banter, and the laughter. But most of all, I just miss my brothers. This Thanksgiving I am most thankful for my brothers and, of course, my kind and loving parents.

No comments: