Sunday, August 31, 2008

Monsoon Season

A severe monsoon storm rolled through downtown Phoenix last Thursday evening. The wind reached 110 miles per hour and we received almost 2 inches of rain. This was the craziest storm I have seen. The temperature dropped about twenty degrees and the sky lit up with strobe light-like lightening. My dog was definitely freaked out. The next day traffic was nightmare. My typical drive to work is only ten minutes. Friday, it took me about twenty-five minutes to go about a mile. I actually didn't even make it to the office. Our building has lost power, the glass was broken and all the trees were blown down. Central Phoenix looked like a disaster area. There were hundred year old trees uprooted. It was quite the scene. Here's a picture of a tree down in my neighborhood.

No comments: