Sunday, May 18, 2008

ATONEMENT

Months ago I started reading Atonement by Ian McEwan. I recently finished the novel on my trip to Milwaukee. And I finally viewed the film this weekend. I probably would not have read the novel were it not for the film. I loved Pride & Prejudice and when I discovered Atonement was produced and directed by the by the same it peaked my interest. I was not disappointed by neither the book nor the film. But of course, I am a helpless romantic and enjoy most any love story. However, this one is definitely on the darker side and I cried. I appreciate novels and films so much more when I'm thinking about them long after their conclusions. It will probably be a while before another book or film affects me the way of Atonement. I highly recommend it, in either form.

No comments: